Central Indiana Council on Aging
CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions is a private, not-for-profit agency that provides information, advocacy and support services for older adults, people with disabilities, and their caregivers. CICOA operates under the federal Older Americans Act to provide:
- Information and assistance through the Aging & Disability Resource Center
- High-quality, in-home services, including no-cost and low-cost care for those eligible
- Home-delivered and congregate meals through the Meals & More program
- Long-term care options counseling
- Nursing home pre-admission screening
- Caregiver respite and assistance
- Home modifications
- Senior center-based activities such as transportation, meals, recreation, education, health promotion, ombudsman and legal services
Indiana Senior Law Project
317-631-9410 or 800-869-0212
Indiana Senior Law Project is a nonprofit law firm that provides free civil legal assistance to eligible low-income people and senior citizens throughout the state of Indiana.
Your health journey is unique. On this website, you can search healthy lifestyle topics and tips for caring for yourself and for your loved ones. You also can subscribe for information to help maintain and improve your health, manage specific chronic conditions, and talk with your healthcare provider. See how healthy living goes beyond medicine here.
Indiana Adult Protective Services
The Indiana Adult Protective Services (APS) Program was established to investigate reports and provide intervention and protection to vulnerable adults who are victims of abuse, neglect, or exploitation. An endangered adult is one who is defined as:
- At least 18 years old
- Incapable by reason of mental illness, retardation, dementia, or other physical or mental incapacity of managing or directing the management of the individual’s property or providing or directing the provision of self-care
- Harmed or threatened with harm as a result of neglect, battery or exploitation of the individual’s personal services or property.